Wednesday 1 April 2015

The "Final" Destiny


The two weeks went in a very chaotic mode. I still couldn’t decide what to get him for our very first wedding anniversary.

Recollecting the series of festivities, that happened since we were together.

My birthday – iPod shuffle

Valentine day’s – Broken cupid kiss mug   (Courtesy: The Online Store packers and the courier team)

His Birthday: A Fossil Watch (Casual heavy accessory not allowed at office and Now “I” wear it when we step out for grocery shopping on weekends).

These were before our wedlock. Aahhh!!! Those were the days of real tingling and ticklish finger for each hand holding ritual that was supposed to happen as a couple. The “I really wanna see you” s were all as meaningful as a couple coz u seldom get to meet each other.

Next was the Big Day: We were tying the knot. J . I was splashing happiness all over like a water sprinkler does to a lawn. J

It was going to be exactly a year after the day and I am still not ready with a thought of what to gift him. The road through internet will always be slower as ever. It might take a week or two to get it delivered.

I had got habituated to naughty nosy and sarcastic friends and so their gift ideas could bring to the things I should not get him as a gift. A bibliophilic husband is very hard to impress and surprise. The backrest shelf of my queen sized bed already had enough for his and even my diet for another year or so. So I gave up the idea of another book.

Out of office stress, you know “the work stress”, I took a tea break and sat in contemplation and started scribbling my mind. It turned out to be a letter to my husband. “Perfect” :D . “How much more romantic can I be?”  was the expression of accomplishment on my tired face. I posted it to him at my own address and slept peacefully to a lovely weekend.

Fridays and weekends are the best days of the week. You know why? All the other days are “Getting there days”. J. Especially Fridays give me a feel of walking out into a fresh fragrant garden with a cool breeze and a full day supply of coke and finger chips.

Nikki (my nephew and family who had come to visit) had a hard time talking to me. I was told that he was shy talking to good looking females (the fact is evident).

Once the four zeroes (00:00) strike I could handover the two pairs of non-leather reversible formal belts secretly hidden in my office bag. J. Chilled Sprite is the best cocktail topping for a Captain Morgan Recipe. Yummy yum.

Yippie..!! All set. And Wait… Wait.. Wait … zzzzzzz… buzzzz…. No dozing off… Wait … Wait??? What time is it? OMG :O… It’s 2:30 in the morning…

Sneak Peak…!!!

TV flickers ..“… Hasn’t it been a roller coaster… puts in a splendid ball and the German defenders are caught napping. But Palacio's first touch is  ” [Guys.. Please don’t expect me to redo the highlights]. FIFA World Cup Finals.

That’s when I remembered Maradona’s words with all my heart – “…  Messi, I could give you heaven if possible…"
 


Prince charming entered, pink cheeks and panting, with an adrenaline gush and probably, a smug on his face (I didn’t give it a glance though).


The moonlight in the room started to mix itself with self-reproach. His fabricated wistful appearance grew me more annoyed.

4:00 AM - I continued watching Big Bang theory episode 2 Season 6. (giggles) It’s too funny, guys. The Howard in the space station episode. (hehehehe). I actually was enjoying the anniversary night “all by myself” watching 5 of those hilarious episodes.

The only displeasure I had at the moment was that he received my passionate letter the very day. I in fact wished “Back to the future” movie was actual so that I could stop myself from getting the “letter” idea. I could have relaxed and enjoyed two peaceful weeks. But I somehow managed to bring-in a twinkling tear to make him feel more ashamed of missing the first anniversary: happy hours with such a lovely beautiful caring and what not WIFE.  Yes!!!!
J
 
                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment