Friday 10 April 2015

The festival


The morning was very tough. My eyelids were trying to creak each other open by 9 :15 AM. Not being a Morning person is not a mistake. After two months of “treatment holiday” and back to office was a boring routine. But the pull back was that I got to see him (my fiancĂ©e, now Companion) everyday. J .

I swipe in through the door and look for his drooping forward face, yet looking at glass door, to see my smile. Awww… !!! I have always wanted to hold it in my palm. :P . He sends me emails with his beautiful thoughts and we could romance over the office live chat. :D.

Yeah so as I was saying. For all this, I had to rush to office. It was my chance to know him and let him know me. So I somehow had to show it up as the favourite day of the year and I had even planned a couple of conversation starters for our tea together. :P

Oh. Forgot to tell you. My favourite day of the year, coz you get money on this day. And that’s a hell lot of money. :P.. Vishu is the festival of welcoming spring. Land of the Gods gets yellow clad and shopping gets fun with all the discounts on dresses. :D. One of my office story episodes had a Vishu “first sight” of the day setup for all of our roomies to enjoy the rest of the year. Sitara and I had a daring hop to grab a twig of the golden shower. That was actually my first ever Vishu decoration.

At present, the nature of the festival has took a deviation as in “Give and take”. Flashing back a fewer years, the policy was “Take Away”. Anyhow, the money involved was not dependent on anything. It could shoot up or even drop down dead. There are no classifications. “Favouritism” to some extent helped and on how much you reach on time. Yes. We literally had rallies planned that morning on our lean bikes.

It was WAAAAARRRRR…  The festival fragrances lasted for a week or two. But by the end of the day it was to be decided who won the title from “Lady Luck”. Naahhh.. It was never me. Parul had a good shot. Her, “that” side of the family had a pleasing siblings competition set. So she usually wins leaving Matt and me constantly fretting about our side “mean folks”.


Matt used to spend his collection on cricket balls and fancy goggles, belts and stamp collections. That reminds me of the cold and the nuclear wars that broke out in the 90’s at our “home sweet home” during the Philatelic age. |D.



At the age of 6, I started my business mind to work on the money making strategies and winning more to hoard. I used to save more hundreds than Matt as I never wanted to spend the silver pieces I had in my setsquare box. K. I have a historical record for the least spent on a “Tour of less than 8 hours”. My spent was a penny, at the beach for the giant wheel ride ticket. Even the ice cream couldn’t tempt my instincts. I brought back home the remaining 9 and earned a hug at the age of 8. :D. A humble born.

If I weren’t into the Technology of Information, I would have been into the arts. Yeah. The real drawing stuff. My pencil portrayals enhanced our exterior walls. :D. My talent had so much zeal that mom and dad gave a long break to the idea of repainting the house. But the repaint idea cost me all my life savings. L. The free exhibitions caught no interest to my mom’s disinterest in the remarkable state of art portraits and imaginations of my magnificent melon. She had the whole house repainted with my sweat and effort and I couldn’t hold my rolling tear.

Lessons learnt.

1.     Never display your talent on concrete objects. Have it portrayed on your own possessions to avoid damage and market risks. I tactically started filing my valuable brain crushing pieces of art.

2.     Know the actual reason for lending wealth to your mom. Upon receipt of satisfactory explanations, have the details recorded with signatures of both the parties and a witness. [Many cases, emotion can be used as a tool to fool you. Never fall for it]

By the way, our first ever Vishu was really good and after frequent nagging and bullying, he handed over a 5 and I have the souvenir kept in the memory of our first badger session. ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment