Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Fun is On the line

Hmmmm… This is a good deal right…!!!  $0.0001 for a click or was it $ 0.00001? Not sure. But anyways getting paid in dollars is a great thing. :D


After leaving a job that pays you a 1000 bucks a day, isn’t it hard to sit and ponder about it the whole day and whine on all the shopping and eating you were free to do with the money you earnL.

So I decided to find another job that pays me even when I sit at home and “work”.

But man! Believe me. It’s backbreaking work.

You find a job – Pay them and you’re hired.

You find a free job – employers never showup ever.

You pay them and start working – it’s a hard row to hoe. Take my word: you will never finish it on time.

But then! better than watching all the repeat shows in the house wives’ TV channel all day through.

By the way, I don’t really understand how they manage to broadcast the drama series over and over 3 times a day J. That’s huge viewership. Upon God. We have people who are hell bent that they don’t miss any minute.

As I was saying; staying idle at home, I developed an Obsession that became a Compulsion that eventually turned in to Disorder which enticed me to run around our new apartment and clean the after effects of moving in. I literally sanitized the place and went on looking for more insanitation as each day passed by. 

Self-realization is something that makes you realize that you never know what you have until you know that it’s gone. Ahem! I think I conveyed it right. Anyways after going through a crazy tour of the house for a week, reality slapped me in the face. I ran to SWEEPEA (that’s what I call my laptop) and there laid the stone to my quest for a paid position “once again”.

I first had to think about why I didn’t like my job. It required a thorough backtracking of the series of happenings. The coil rewound and suddenly the tape got tangled and at a glance I could see my static computer screen, chairs in front of me and people on them looking behind and sending their “feel sorrow for the misfortune” waves. Anger, annoyance and irritation were flushing into my ears. BINGO…!!! It was my mad boss blowing a fuse as usual through the phone. My eyes grew wide open.

Bosses are like a math problem. You have enough problems of your own and the math problem adds up to those. Know what. I still don’t understand why we learnt all those math equations, logs and calcs. Oh Man...!!!

May be our math teacher wanted to prepare us to face the real life problems with more courage. And I was certain to go forward with one less problem in my Life – “The Boss”.

Remember “when the boss is away, work becomes a holiday” [Portuguese proverb]. J

The treasure hunt is still ON. I don’t have a map or a compass to control my route. But now I don’t hear the “That’s not how it works. “ in the background of my day. J

No comments:

Post a Comment